Apple launched its own streaming service, dubbed Apple TV+, in 2019. The service has released several notable Apple Originals, including the morning show, Ted Lasso, Dickinson, For all mankind, and more. If you subscribe to Apple TV+, you can watch these shows and movies on any of your Apple devices, including Mac, iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad. You can also download these movies and shows to watch offline, so you don’t waste your data when traveling. This guide shows you how to download movies and shows from Apple TV+ for offline viewing.
How to Download Movies and Shows from Apple TV+
Here’s how to download your favorite TV shows and movies so you can watch them when you’re away from home:
- Launch the Apple TV app on your device and choose the Originals tongue.
- Locate the show or movie you want to download and tap on it to open it.
- If you can’t find your movie or show, use the Look for tab to find it.
- To download, tap or click the To download button next to the episode title. For movies, the Download button is on the cover.
There is no button to download the whole season at once, so you have to use the download button for each episode to download it.
How to find and play your downloads
We love that Apple TV organizes your downloads in one place. Here’s how to find and play your downloads in the Apple TV app.
- Launch the Apple TV app on your device and choose Library.
- Open Uploaded to see a list of all your downloads.
- You will see the list of all movies and shows here. Open a show to see downloaded episodes.
How to remove your downloads from Apple TV+
Once you have watched the downloaded content, there is no need to keep it because it takes up space on your device. The steps for deleting your downloads on Mac and iPhone are slightly different.
- To remove your downloads from Apple TV+, go to Library > Uploaded.
- To delete a movie or an entire show on your iPhone or iPad, use the Edit button. Next, tap to select the movies and shows you want to remove from downloads.
- Press the Wipe off button and validate by choosing the Delete X downloads option.
- Similarly, you can select individual episodes of a show and delete them.
- On your Mac, hover over the title card of the show or movie you want to remove and click the three-dot menu (…).
- Choose the Delete from library option.
- Select Delete movie to confirm your action.
- To remove an individual episode from a show, click to open it and hover over the episode name to reveal the three-dot menu (…).
- Click on the three-dot menu (…) and choose the Delete from library option. Confirm the action if necessary.
What content can you download from Apple TV+?
Apple TV+ subscribers can download all Apple Originals content. Apple TV also has a feature called Channels that provides access to content produced by other producers such as STARZ, AMC+, EPIX, and A&E Crime Central. If you subscribe to them through Apple Channels, you can download their content for offline viewing.
Any content you download is available for offline viewing for 30 days. However, for a few channels, downloads may expire before 30 days.
Are there any limits for downloads?
Apple Originals does not limit your downloads. However, according to Apple, some Apple TV channels may limit the number of titles you can download simultaneously and on the number of devices. If you reach the limit, the Apple TV app will let you know, and you’ll need to delete some downloaded content before you can download new ones.
Enjoy movies and shows when offline
Apple TV+ falls far short of Netflix and Prime Video in terms of quantity. However, in terms of quality, it is one of the best video streaming services, offering quality shows and movies. Since Apple TV+ is available on Android TV, you can buy one of the best Android TV boxes and enjoy its content without investing in the Apple ecosystem.