Ring’s video doorbells are pretty popular, not least because they have a juggernaut like Amazon behind them. However, if you’re troubleshooting, selling your home, or donating your doorbell, it’s essential to know the reset process for your specific model.
To reset newer Ring models, such as Video Doorbell 4 or Video Doorbell Wired, loosen the security screw, then remove the faceplate. Find the configuration button, then hold it for 10 seconds. You will also need to remove the device from the Ring app by tapping its gear iconthen Device Settings > General Settings > Delete This Device.
ACCESS KEY SECTIONS
How to Factory Reset Your Ring Doorbell
- Unscrew the anti-theft security screw, then remove the front panel.
- Locate the configuration button. On the Video Doorbell 4 and Video Doorbell 3/3 Plus, it’s in the top right, just below the camera and usually marked with an orange dot. On an Elite it sits above the camera, while the Wired and Pro models have the button on the right side.
- Press and hold the button for 10 seconds. The doorbell will eventually enter setup mode.
Ring Video Doorbell (1st Gen/2nd Gen), Video Doorbell 2
- For the 1st and 2nd generation, loosen the security screws and remove the doorbell from its holder. On Video Doorbell 2, unscrew the security screw and remove the faceplate.
- Locate the configuration button. On the 1st gen and 2nd gen, it’s an orange button on the back. With the Video Doorbell 2, it’s just below the camera in the top right and is marked with an orange dot.
- Press and hold the button for 10 seconds. The 1st Generation and Video Doorbell 2 will begin flashing a light for several minutes – only when this is complete is the reset complete. With the 2nd generation, you just have to wait for the configuration mode.
If you’re just troubleshooting, you may be able to reconnect your doorbell to Wi-Fi at this point using the Ring app. If you plan to sell or give away the device, follow the steps below.
Looking to sell your Ring doorbell? Here’s how to disconnect it from your account
- Open the Ring app. On the home screen, tap the gear icon for your doorbell.
- Faucet Device settingsthen general settings.
- Select Delete this device.
This process is absolutely essential, because if you ignore it, the doorbell will remain linked to your account, preventing the new owner from setting it up.
Read more: The best smart home devices