Xiaomi recently released development version MIUI V184.108.40.206.19.DEV, V220.127.116.11.20.DEV, V18.104.22.168.21.DEV for some devices. According to reports, the following devices are testing the update
- Xiaomi Mi MIX FOLD
- Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro 5G
- Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
- Xiaomi tablet 5
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Youth Vitality Edition
However, among all the above devices, this is the first release of Android 13 based MIUI development version for Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro 12.4 and Xiaomi Pad 5, bringing a number of optimizations and improvements . Of course, Xiaomi Pad 5 will continue to release MIUI development version based on Android 12. It will not release new MIUI development version based on Android 13 until the model adapts to Android 13.
Xiaomi also said that Redmi K50 and Redmi K50 Pro Photon Engines are expected to be added to the development version in January 2023. Moreover, Xiaomi 13 Pro and Xiaomi 13 are expected to release the MIUI development version on January 13, 2023.
In other respects, Xiaomi also said that because the underlying architecture of the folding tablet/screen models is quite different from that of the regular models, Xiaomi Mi MIX FOLD, Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro 5G and Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro are being adapted to MIUI14 + Android. 13.
Gizchina News of the week
- The system solves the problem of abnormal power consumption of WLAN in specific parameters
- Fix the issue that causes the screen to fail in certain scenarios
In order to improve the user experience, some MIUI system applications are decoupled. Users can upgrade them in the App Store. It is part of the development version of the MIUI system. In the continuous iteration, some repairs may not be fully displayed in the announcement log of the day.
1. The MIUI development version can be upgraded online by going to “Settings → My Device → MIUI Version”. Make sure to back up your data before updating
2. Some models may have slightly different release times due to functions.
The development version is a test version and it is intended for a small number of senior geeks for comments and testing. The stability is low.