Google is starting to reveal improvements to Android phones, TVs, watches and other devices as part of the October 2022 Google Play system updates, starting with Android TV patch reminders.
Whether you’re using an Android phone, smartwatch, TV or tablet, an important part of what makes the experience possible is the deep integration with Google apps and services. Google Play Services, the Play Store, and Android’s somewhat recent “Google Play System Updates” are all rolled into a collective that the company has dubbed “Google System Updates.” Each month as new versions of each application become available or
The easiest way to check if you need to update Google Play Services on your phone is to follow a direct link to the app’s Play Store listing and update it from there, if available. To update the Play Store, tap your avatar in the corner, then tap “Settings.” In the “About” section, you will see an option to “Update the Play Store”. Meanwhile, Google Play system updates can be found through the Settings app, under About phone > Android version > Google Play system update.
Following the Made by Google event, Android fans received the first information about what’s to come with Google’s October system updates. For now, however, the only notable and non-repetitive part of the patch notes is that Android TV and Google TV will now show a dialog reminding when a system update is yet to be installed. Beyond that, Android TV and Google TV are both getting a few other “bug fixes.”
Google Play system updates for October 2022
- [TV] Bug fixes for services related to system management and diagnostics.
Google Play Store
- New features to help you discover the apps and games you love.
- Optimizations allowing faster and more reliable download and installation.
- Ongoing improvements to Play Protect to protect your device.
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes, and security, stability, and accessibility improvements.
- Updates to system management services that improve device performance and network usage.
- [TV] A reminder dialog for pending system updates has been added.
FTC: We use revenue-generating automatic affiliate links. After.
Check out 9to5Google on YouTube for more info: